Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Dresses

As you can tell, Ella was thrilled to be wearing her new easter dress and have her picture taken.




I have been on a bit of a sewing kick lately. The funny thing is I don't really know how to sew - I can barely get my machine threaded properly. Despite this, I decided that I was going to make my girls easter dresses this year. I was a little afraid I was going to completely ruin them since I have no idea how to read a pattern (yes even the very easy Simplicity ones), but I some how managed to do it. It probably took me about 10 times longer than the average person would take, but it worked out! I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to do this all on my own - it was a big moment for me!

2 comments:

Behunin Family said...

They're so cute! I love the ribbon around the waist. So adorable! I hope we get to see them in person soon!

Your pictures are great. You're doing awesome!!! Come practice on Grant anytime... he's the 3rd child and we're way behind on his pics. :)

Laura said...

Way to go Jaymie!! The dresses turned out so great, and your girls look adorable in them!