Friday, June 27, 2008

I have the fireman blood in me too



We thought this was funny - everything in the station is made wheelchair accessible and all the signs have brail on them. How many blind wheelchair bound firemen are out there? I don't know of any.

For those of you who don't know, my dad and my brother are both firefighters for LA city. While we were in California we stopped by my dad's new fire station so my dad could show us around and my sister and I decided to take a whirl down the new fire pole. My mom was freaking out, trying to tell me to be careful because I had 2 kids at home. We've been doing this since we were little kids but for whatever reason, Mom decided to pick that day to get all panicky. She was fine when we were younger, but now that we're adults she gets all nervous - silly mom! Anyway, here is a picture of me sliding down the pole.

1 comment:

Nat and Dave said...

it looks like you had so much fun! All your pics are so cute! i love the fireman pole picture..you look so cute! I love visiting family, isnt it the best! I am so glad you told me about wicked coming in march I totally want to go! We should go together on a double date! That would be fun! I'm glad you had such a fun time with your fam! ps..your hair looks so cute! i really do love it!