Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm a painter...kind of



Okay, so I know you all could paint these with your toes while your eyes were closed, but for me this was a big feat! I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination and can barely eek out stick figures, so actually painting something on canvas was a big accomplishment for me. I was trying to think of a cheap way to decorate the playroom (who wants to spend tons of money on a playroom when there are much more important areas of your home that could use attention - i.e. my bedroom!) when I ran into these canvases onsale at craft warehouse. I decided I would try to paint some simple design to use in the playroom and it actually worked! I know they're not anything spectacular, but I was still happy I had something cheap and fun to put on that vacant wall. Plus, like my girls would even be able to tell the difference between something that actually took skill verses something I made! And they even got to help me make them!

5 comments:

Bybee family said...

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you anymore when you say you're not creative! You're always doing creative things and they always turn out great!

Ashlee said...

I love them!
Okay so now we have the same green playroom wall, I just got the same storage system and I may need to comission you for some paintings! Then when our kids play in each other's playroom it will be like de ja vu! :) Love your creativity. They're awesome.

BusyMama said...

So cute! You've inspired me to ATTEMPT to find my creative juices.

Darby Family said...

Bravo Nimer! I am utterly impressed. Your circles are perfect. How did you do it? When we finally get a house, I am hiring you to decorate my house. Why did you get all the talents?!

Nat and Dave said...

so cute! You are a painter! I love what you did! I don't know how you made each circle so perfect! VERY VERY CUTE! I found your page through april haroldsens!