Friday, June 13, 2008

Stranded


On Tuesday morning I threw the girls into the car and was about to race off to go workout when all of a sudden the car wouldn't start. I thought maybe it was just out of gas, but then it still didn't start even after I put a little gas in. Here we are on Friday and our car is still sitting in the garage. Hopefully soon we'll figure out what's wrong with it and we will be on our merry way, but until then, WE'RE STRANDED!!! I have to admit that you don't appreciate having a car until it's gone. The first day at home felt a little weird because I knew we couldn't go anywhere even if we wanted to, but since then I've used the time to be productive. It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have any interruptions - well at least not running errands interruptions. The girls are still alive and well so they are still meeting their quota of interruptions every minute! Here is what we've been up to since we fell off the face of the earth:






We made bread and the girls loved kneeding the dough and getting to make their very own loaf. Most of the dough ended up in their mouths instead of the pan, but that just made for an easy lunch!



Another day I cleaned out and organized the garage food storage and the kitchen pantry. I don't know why but our pantry is always in chaos - I can never keep it organized!
I even organized the linen closet. I should have taken a before picture because it was really embarrassing. It was to the point where you would just open up the closet to throw something in and then close the door before everything came falling down on you.

I finally (now that the season is almost half over) planted our little garden - and when I say little, I mean little. Our garden consists of 6 plants! It's better than nothing right? Ella was all excited to help me, but when it came down to it, she was very disturbed that her hands were getting dirty. She's a little bit of a neat-nick (Derek's genes coming through).

Here they are - all 6 plants!
Our little girly girl Ashley loves worms! Even from the time she was a little bean Ashley has been fascinated by wriggling worms. Here is a picture of her pet worm she found while gardening. It was a good squirmy worm that she held onto for about a half hour until it finally stopped moving and Ashley pronounced it dead. She then quickly threw her pet (which she had named Saphira only minutes before) on the ground and stepped on it. So much for loyalty!
Sahpira only moments before her final death!
While we were gardening I put down some snail bait and was explaining to the girls that they weren't allowed to touch it or play with it because it was poison. Ashley went on to explain, "Yeah Ella, don't eat that because it's poison and not even true love's first kiss can bring you back to life!" Gotta love the princess fairytale comments from Ash - I hear them all day long and love it!





2 comments:

Ashlee said...

You guys are so good! That bread was AMAZING! I need the recipe. Sometimes, I wish I knew I was stranded (maybe only for a day though!) just to have the excuse to stay home and do all the fun things you've done. My linen closet would thank me! :)

Nat and Dave said...

your girls are so cute! Dave and I always comment on them! Yesterday when they where walking back from singing dave said...I hope when we have little girls they are that cute!!....and I totally agree!!