Thursday, June 26, 2008

My California Trip

Last weekend I had my trip to California - ALL BY MYSELF!!! It was amazing! Everything I did was so simple and relaxing because I didn't have any kids with me. I love my girls do death and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, but I have to admit that traveling is not my favorite thing to do with them. The airplane ride was so relaxing and easy and when I got in a car, all I had to bring was myself and my purse - incredible! I wasn't packing around diapers or wipes, no sippy cups or snacks, no books or toys to keep kids entertained with. All I had to worry about was little old me. I highly recommend any mother to do a get away by yourself if at all possible. I can't even say how wonderful it was. I have to admit though that part of the reason it was so great was because my girls were having the time of their life at Nanna and Boppa's house with Daddy while I was gone. Thank you so much to everyone who made this trip so smooth and fun for us all!!

Me and my brother Josh.
My mom, sister Sarah, and me at the Grove (this ritzy outdoor shopping mall in Hollywood).
My dad, mom, soon to be sister in law Marisa, Josh (he is holding the cardboard cutout of my little brother Chris that we used in my sister's wedding last year because Chris was on his mission), brother in law Ryan, Sarah, and me.
It was so fun getting to see everyone! I had such a great trip and absolutely loved being able to hang out with my family and relax for a weekend. What a lucky girl I am to have such an amazing family who I love so much! Thanks guys for a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Clara said...

I just might have to think about a getaway all by myself then! Glad you had fun! :)

rawhide said...

it looks like you had some fun away from the girls. so sad that i will no longer have the chance to be your sister in law but so glad josh found a beautiful girl....when is the big day?????

Kate said...

Jaymie- I am so excited I found your blog! Your girls are so gorgeous! I think the last time I saw Ashley, she was crawling- it's amazing so much time has flown by. I am excited for you guys that Derek is almost done with Med School - so exciting! If you want to check out my fam, my blog is katestrongin.blogspot.com
Love, Kate